Friday, February 24, 2012

This Is The Thing (R.A. Reflection)

So like many people in our class, I definitely fancied the Opinion Editorial paper a lot more than the Rhetorical Analysis. That being said, this paper really wasn't that bad. I was able to find an interesting blog post that I enjoyed reading and could easily relate to.

I went to the writing lab twice (once for grammar, and once just for writing). I really benefited from the grammar appointment, and actually learned a lot about commas and all that jazz. The writing appointment; however, was of little help to me. I just didn't really like the tutor I was given and ended up being a little confused afterwards.

I do wish I could've used some personal opinion here and there in my paper, but obviously I couldn't. The R.A. follows such strict guidelines and format, and because of that I couldn't really show my personality or views which was kind of annoying.

As for my title (completely un-related) I named it after a current favorite song of mine, This Is The Thing by Fink. Listen and enjoy :)


1 comment:

  1. It was hard for me not to add in a little bit of my own opinion with this paper, which I agree was kind of annoying.

    ReplyDelete