Friday, January 20, 2012

Clams, Raisins, & Asymptotes...A.K.A Claims, Reasons, & Assumptions

Claim= Mormons should not get married so quickly or so young.

Reasons=

  •  People need more time to mature and grow on their own.
  • They need more time to get to know their future spouse.
  • The need to take time to make sure they're marrying for the right reasons. 

Assumptions=Mormons want to prevent failures in their marriage, and not rushing into marriage will lessen their chances of divorce later on.

4 comments:

  1. I seriously could not agree more! You do not know someone in just a couple of months and no one wants their marriage to end in divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I feel exactly the same way. I think that especially at BYU we rush into marriage because there is so much pressure. I definitely didn't come to BYU to get married, I came for an education, but I think there are many people who came because they want to meet a RM and get married. Which isn't wrong it just seems a little cliche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this 1734698139234 times over, with the same reasons that you've come up with. Thought I'd share a funny story since Mckenna brought up the topic of girls coming to BYU to get married: So this girl was taking a test in the testing center and she literally stood up, threw her test on the floor, screamed, "I freaking came to BYU to get married," and then ran out of the building. Mckenna, what you said or thought was absolutely true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to know why people are so set on getting married early? Is there this weird thing in Mormon's brains that push us to getting married when were like 16?

    ReplyDelete