Saturday, February 18, 2012

Island In The Sun

So, Michelle already talked about this in her post....but I am and have been on the same page as her since...well summer ended. I don't know why summer is so magical and reveled, but it is. I literally cannot wait for summer. Well I can...and i'm gonna have to, but I like to be dramatic about things. I'm just a little jealous of ALL the people who are in California right now for the 3 day weekend, which seems to be most of the people I know here... Who am I kidding?! I kinda hate you all (in an envious sort of way...I don't really hate you:) ).  I can't wait for the warm summer nights where you can sit outside on your porch drinking lemonade, with only shorts and a t-shirt on! Dressing for winter is so hard! Rather than just throwing something on, I feel like you have to come up with all these cute outfits, whereas in summer, you can literally wear a swim suit and shorts and get away with it...and look cute still. Oh and the Fourth of July. Holy schnikes. It's definitely my favorite holiday. The barbecues, parades, and fireworks! The list could go on. My ultimate goal in life: live in a perpetually "summer place"...as in it is basically summer all year long. Maybe South Carolina? Or California again...who knows? All I know is there are about 62 days until this semester is over and it's summer for us. I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....make it.

La Jolla Beach....remind me why I'm not here again?

Lake Powell....where my family (including Michelle!) will be going this summer:)

7 comments:

  1. So you should move to Michigan. While the weather may suck, we are far more down to earth than the crazies that live in California. As President Packer once said you shouldn't let the weather determine your disposition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that classifying an entire state of 38 million people to be "crazies" isn't entirely fair. While I am sure there are stuck up, liberal, tree hippies and overall weirdos that live in California that doesn't mean that EVERYONE in California is. Being Californian myself I know I don't fit into that category.

      Besides, when you want relaxation and scenery who cares about other people? When I am on the beach soaking up the sun or diving in the ocean the last thing I want to do is mingle with the locals. I just want to ahve fun with my family or friends that are with me!

      I am Alex Zimmerman, and I approve this message.

      Delete
    2. "Everyone in California is crazy" -Abraham Lincoln
      I'm not sure where I found this quote, but I'm pretty sure it's real.
      Anyways, you should move to Arizona. It's really hot for four months of the year but the other eight are nice. We have the Grand Canyon, swimming pools in every backyard, and lots of mountains (aware that parallel structure is off). It's pretty much the greatest place ever.

      Delete
  2. LAKE POWELL!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped!!!!!! Gonna be da best trip evaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for summer!!! I am so ready for it to be warm and sunny again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you just reminded me of how much I miss summer! You are so right about just having to wear shorts and a t-shirt on a summer night and being just fine. There is nothing better than those summer nights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just be glad that it hasn't really snowed yet... Haha. I'm kinda glad I'm not back in Colorado at the moment. But this weather we are having right now is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete