Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The language of love ;) A.K.A. Figurative Language

Paul, the author of the blogpost, 'It Could Be Worse', fills his post with many uses of figurative language:

1. Rhetorical questions
  • "Did anyone care if Ali prayed before a fight?"
  • "How about every boxer from South America who crosses themselves before beating the crap out of their opponents?"
  • And what about other public prayers?
  • "When did that become wrong?"
2. Satire 
  • "Something tells me He’s a tad occupied up there making sure we don’t blow the place up." 
3. Allusion
  • "Did anyone care if Ali prayed before a fight?"
  • "And the last time I checked, free exercise of religion was still on the books!"
4. Tone
  • "I could go on. 
  • Oh, heck, I will…" 
  • "I think we could all do a little prayin’ these days!" 
  • "So a guy wants to pray on the sidelines, big deal." 

Once again, this video has zero relevance to my blog post, but I seriously can't watch it enough. Ignore the title! Sorry! 



1 comment:

  1. I love those videos! And I follow plenty of tangent type things people say on twitter if you are looking for some more laughs. Also, your figurative language is great. It is all there, you didn't have to make a stretch to apply them.

    ReplyDelete