Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the wall....

All in all I really enjoyed the Opinion Editorial assignment and learned a lot more than I expected in the process. Opinions are one of the things I happen to have a lot of...and some may say too many of -_- (Some sort of Japanese emoticon? Supposedly it means a "secret smile"...whatever that means...) 

I chose a topic that I really have an opinion and a stance about, and that made it easier to show my voice throughout my writing. I tend to be a little on the sarcastic side, so that definitely showed through, at least in my introduction. 

Peer reviews always tend to be very beneficial for me. I'm the kind of person who has to run every little decision in my life through my friends and family.....like even what I should eat for lunch....yeah I know...I'm weird.... Well any who...I enjoy hearing what friends and classmates have to say about my writing. After all, two eyes (or is it four eyes?) are better than one (or two -_-) ! The whole blogging thang goes along with this too. I love commenting and seeing peoples comments on my blog. It really does help to hear someone else's perspective and thoughts. 

The writing center was also very helpful for me. Even though I waited until I was basically finished with my paper, the tutor I met with had a lot of really good suggestions and I actually fixed my paper a lot after I met with him. 

Well folks...I think I'm done reflecting. 

Peace & Blessins. 

P.S. This literally has nothing to do with my paper or this post...but it's probably one of the funniest things ever. Watch and enjoy friends.  


4 comments:

  1. Rachel, I totally agree with everything you said, and I think your vidoe is hilarious! I feel like if this was in the U.S (I'm assuminig it isn't) this guy would be sued for half of this stuff! It's great! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said the opinion editorial kind of let us break out of the normal routine of formality. A little sarcasm can be good for a paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sarcasm. I think we have a lot of it in our class. It makes my day.

      Delete
  3. First off, that video is completely out of control! Is that real life? haha. I totally agree with you on peer review and how it is nice to run things by other people.

    ReplyDelete