Thursday, February 9, 2012

It Could Be Worse (R.A. Thesis)

I'm switching things up and picking a completely different blog post to write about! I'm not a Bronco's fan at all (Chargers!), but I like Tim Tebow as a person, so I found this neat post about Timmy and the whole shindig with him praying all the time. 

Thesis Statement:
 In his post, ‘It Could Be Worse’ concerning Tim Tebow and the fact that he prays quite often during NFL games and practices, Paul appeals to his audience and shows a less scholarly, yet knowledgeable opinion. He uses casual and more personal word choice, convincing tone, and relevant examples to persuade the reader that “It could be worse”, and that praying shouldn’t be reprimanded.  


6 comments:

  1. Wow, great topic! While religious freedom of the religious is being socially condemned, prayer is removed from schools, and anything somewhat religiously based is criticized because it is said to take away the religious freedom of those who are NOT religious. I think it is fantastic to see someone fighting the ‘political correctness’ and being true to his faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have to respect Tebow! It's a good topic because it has become rather controversial lately and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a really good topic. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I think Tebow is such an awesome and inspring man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I agree with that statement. Tim Tebow could be doing things a lot worse and praying shouldn't be criticized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your thesis and that you split it up. It looks a lot less cluttered that way. And I'm really glad that you put the link to the article.

    ReplyDelete